- OUR MELEE DIAMONDS
- With a desire that real diamonds become a part of your daily life, MELE MELE only uses high-quality natural melee diamonds in all of our jewelry.
We spend a significant amount of time selecting the best melee diamonds from a reliable and reputable diamond manufacturer that also sources for bridal jewelry companies within Japan.
- All of our melee diamonds have Heart & Cupid (also known as Hearts & Arrows), which is a cut that is popular amongst high-end jewellers and bridal jewelry brands.
- This special pattern in the diamond cut is known to be a signifier for its high-quality and brilliance.
- Our in-house gemologist checks every single melee diamond to make sure of its quality based on the strict industry standards.
- We can also ensure that all of our diamonds that we use are natural, transparent and traceable and adheres to the Kimberley Process.
- MELEE DIAMONDS
- Our brand name is taken from melee diamonds, which are small and round brilliant diamonds that often act as compliments of a bigger stone and are set on the sides. We believe that the size of the diamond cannot be underestimated as a melee diamond can equally be as symbolic and prominent with a high-quality cut. We hope that you will be able to experience the beauty and potential of a small diamond through our jewelry.
- 4C OF A DIAMOND
- There are 4 characteristics that determine the quality of a diamond.
- Carat is a unit that signifies the weight of a diamond (1.00 carat is equivalent to 0.2 grams) Melee diamonds are defined as diamonds that are less than 0.10 carats.
- The closer the diamond is to being “colorless” or “white”, the rarer and higher the value. MELE MELE uses diamonds that are higher than grade H in color.
- Clarity is graded based on the number, size and location of inclusions and blemishes internally within the diamond. MELE MELE uses diamonds that are VS (Very Slightly Included) and above.
- The cut is the most important of the 4C and is the only characteristic that is affected with the human hand. The type of cut can greatly influence the brilliance of the diamond. MELE MELE only uses diamonds with high grade cuts that transmit the most light and beauty.
- HEART & CUPID
- A diamond that has a symmetrical cut shows a pattern called Heart & Cupid, which is also known as Hearts & Arrows. When you look at the diamond using a designated scope, you can see 8 arrows from the top of the diamond and 8 hearts from the bottom. MELE MELE only uses diamonds that show this Heart & Cupid pattern.